Whether you are making cooked, smoked or dried sausage products, we have a Fibrous casing to fit your needs. Our Fibrous Casings are ideally suited for making summer sausage, pepperoni, lunch meats, and more!
- Summer Sausage
- Lunch Meats
- Manufactured for smoked, dried or cooked deli products, allowing some meat adhesion
- Excellent permeability for smoke penetration and moisture transmission
- Ideal for cooked salami, summer sausage and wild game sausage
- A special inner coating allows the ready release of the casings from the meat surface after processing
- Ideal for hams and bologna products where the casing is removed before slicing or packaging
- The inner surface is treated for the casings to adhere to the surface of the product
- Ideal for dry sausages and products that are sliced with the rind (casing) left on
Available in the following OPTIONs :
- Cut and Tied
- Cut and Clipped
Fibrous casings are available in a wide variety of sizes and packaging configurations.
Contact your Account Executive for the best fibrous casing to fit your needs.
How to Use
- Cut length casings should be soaked for a minimum of 30 minutes in water at 80° – 100° F (27° – 38° C). Do not soak for more than 8 hours
- Shirred casings should be soaked for approximately 1 hour in water at 80° – 100° F (27° – 38° C)
Storage and Handling Instructions
- Store in a cool, dry location away from steam pipes, hot storage areas or direct sunlight
- Ideal storage temperatures are 40° to 75° F (4° to 24° C)
- Keep products sealed in original cartons until ready to use